Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, April 7, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: And After the Fire by Lauren Belfer


I'm not sure what to say. This book was simply beautiful. It isn't filled with a lot of action. There isn't a riveting, page-turning, can't-put-it-down storyline. What you get is a beautiful story following an uncovered treasure, an unknown manuscript of music written by JS Bach and passed through several generations until it reaches the hands of the main character in present day. It is a simple, quiet journey full of beauty and splendor. I simply loved every moment of this quiet masterpiece. If you are a lover of classical music, you will find this book to be a treasure. I simply hated it to end and to return it to the library. I have already made a space on my shelf for the copy I will buy and re-read in the future. I will always remember the quiet beauty of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment