Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, October 19, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: The German Girl

The German Girl The German Girl by Armando Lucas Correa
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

Finally finished this book. Life kept getting in the way. I have to say this is one beautiful, thought-provoking book. As an avid reader of books (non-fiction and fiction) based during or surrounding the Holocaust, this book brought new information to me. I am grateful for the historical lessons, the beautiful narrative, and especially the addendum documentation of the ship's manifest and photographs, bringing it home in a truly palpable way, much like the ending of the film Schindler's List. I am so thankful to have yet a broader understanding of the times and the reality of what so many faced. Thank you, Armando Luca Correa, for this beautiful work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment