Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2019

REVIEW: Mary Shelly (film; 2017)

I know the rating on IMDB is only 6.4 but I absolutely loved it. Elle Fanning's performance was stupendous, as was the rest of this young but talented cast.

Beautiful telling giving the insight into the relationships that brought about the pain she channeled into this writing.

One of my favorite books of all time. They did a spectacular job of portraying it's inspiration and how it all came to life for her. Better than any telling I've seen as yet.

...and to have it come from such young talents gives me hope that her writing won't be forgotten and dismissed as some series of Hollywood tales. That a new generation will see the depth and intensity of the truth behind the story.

Mary Shelley
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3906082/

No comments:

Post a Comment